The Mudgee hospital enabling works is Stage 1 of the overall Mudgee Hospital Redevelopment project which involves a major upgrade to the existing health service. The works will be completed under a construction management contract.
These enabling works will involves various stages of new build, temporary works, service relocation’s, service upgrades and various relocation’s of hospital facilities. These include;
- Relocation of Shipping Containers:
- Construction of temporary buildings for Oral Health and Community Health Staff Office Accommodation.
- Refurbishment of Main Hospital Building to accommodate:
- Interview and Consult Rooms
- Hotdesks for Community Health Staff
- Wound Clinic and relocation of Auxiliary
- General Offices
- Decant and relocation of staff from Community Health Centre and Wellness Centre into demountables,
- Refurbished spaces within the Main Hospital
- Decant and relocation of stored items in Store Building
- Partial demolition of Wellness Centre
- Demolition of the Community Health Centre and Store building
- Construction of services infrastructure including new sewer main and Stormwater main.