JOINING FORCES WITH BENNETT CONSTRUCTIONS
February 06, 2017
Lipman and Bennett’s are pleased to confirm a very exciting development for both our teams as we close on the 50th year in operation for Lipman and the 78th year of operation for Bennett’s. Agreement has been reached between the two parties and Lipman will purchase Bennett Constructions, which will come into effect from 1st January 2017.
For existing suppliers, subcontractors, and clients, 2017 will be business as usual for both organisations. For us here at Lipman the acquisition of Bennett Constructions was clear and simple;
– Bennett’s are an organisation with 78 years of history of successfully servicing the Northern Rivers, Northern Tablelands and SE Queensland regions. They are a team with a highly respected reputation, regarded as people of integrity, committed to delivering the highest quality projects, making a difference in their community and treating people well.
– From the outset in discussions with Margaret Bennett, Darryl Piper, Marty Brennan and the rest of the Bennett’s team, it was clear that the core values of Lipman and Bennett were aligned, and we struck up an instant respect and regard for each other and the way we both go about doing business.
– The regional area covered by Bennett’s compliments the successful operations of our Lipman Port Macquarie Office, which together with our newly opened Bathurst office, places Lipman in a great space to commit to, and service well, our growing list of regional clients around the state.
The team and the name of Bennett’s will not change. Darryl Piper has agreed to stay on as General Manager and Marty Brennan will continue in his role as Construction Manager. With the support of Lipman’s Senior Management Team and resources, they will continue to service their region as they have done so well for the last 78 years.
The additional benefits that Lipman can bring to the Bennett team will include:
– Our prequalification levels and financials that allow us to undertake larger scale projects,
– Our highly experienced in house Design Managers and Services Managers that support the delivery of complex D&C projects with a proven ability to add value through our creativity, and
– Additional resources and client base that is now available to Bennett’s.
This will only enhance the ability of Bennett’s to respond to a broader range of opportunities in the region, and continue to build on their excellent portfolio of projects, valued clients, suppliers and subcontractors from the last 78 years. We look forward to the future with you, and would welcome any contact with either Darryl or myself to discuss this exciting development with us in more detail.
For further information visit the Bennett website www.bennett.net.au
LIPMAN GROUP HOLDINGS PTY LTD
DAVID MOFFAT – Managing Director
BENNETT CONSTRUCTIONS (NSW) PTY LTD
DARRYL PIPER – Managing Director